At our practice we will endeavour to manage our appointments system to avoid delays in appointment times, and minimise loss of surgery time through cancellations and failed appointments.
In our practice we:
- Communicate with patients in a courteous, friendly and professional manner
- Make sure that patients receive full information about our services, their treatment and its cost
- Ensure that patients should have to wait no longer than 15 minutes to be seen
- Where there is a further delay, we will try to inform you on arrival, and explain the reasons
- Remind patients of their appointment by telephone, email or text message
- Provide as much notice as possible when appointments have to be changed or cancelled and explain the reason when possible
In return, we would like you to:
- Participate in your dental treatment, particularly any advice about prevention and diet that we have asked you to continue at home
- Arrive on time for your appointment.
- Please give the practice at least 2 business days’ notice if you are unable to keep your appointment
- Advise us of any changes to your contact details (address, telephone numbers, email) to help us keep our records up to date and ensure that we are able to contact you.
- Ideally, we would like 1 weeks’ notice if you cannot attend a Saturday appointment
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can use the appointment for another patient.
Short notice cancellations and missed appointments:
- Appointments cancelled with less than 2 business days’ notice may be liable to charges
- There will be a charge for missed appointments
- We may have to insist on full prepayment of treatment charges before booking further appointments
- Persistent cancellations and missed appointments may lead to the practice having the right to refuse future care
- Short notice cancellations and missed appointment charges:
- Oral health examinations may be charged at £20
- Hygiene appointments may be charged at £32
- Other treatment appointments may be charged at £2/min of appointment time